Monday, June 29, 2009

Origins Gamefair 2009

Origins, is a gaming convention held each year in Columbus Ohio that primarily caters to Pen & Paper RPG's, Boardgames, Miniature games and Tradable Card games.

Due to R/L commitments I was only able to go on Saturday. Unfortunately no games for me this year. I did get to walk the vendor hall to see what was around. Lots of discounts on old RPG's and even some miniatures. Nothing really caught my eye though. But I did pick up a Chuck Norris joke book. :D

My son an I did get to check out the Battletech pods. If you don't know what these are, they are a pod that you sit in with a speed control on your left and a joy stick on your right. You are totally enclosed as if you were in the cockpit of a mech. You battle other players, there was probably a dozen pods at the show. Even though the graphics are highly outdated it's a very fun game.

The attendance at the con was probably down from last year, but not by a large amount. Hopefully next year I will be able to schedule some time to actually play some games.

No comments: