Monday, May 18, 2009

System Update.

Well it looks like one of my 7950 GX2's went south on my system. After taking it out and running with a single card, my system seems a little more stable. I took 1GB of the RAM out earlier as a memtest showed errors after a crash. Later this week I may put it back in and test it again.

I ordered my new rig Saturday from Newegg.com and I should get it by the end of the week. It's not top of the line, but it should perform better than my last system. Here are some highlights of what I got.

AMD Phenom II X4 810 2.6GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor
EVGA 512-P3-N841-AR GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

There's room to upgrade this system later on to a faster CPU and more memory. The video card is a little outdated, but should perform better than my old setup.

I'll update my blog after I get everything running.

On a side note I've installed Windows 7 on a VMWare image for testing. So far it looks fairly nice, but with my limited RAM, it's causing some issues. I'm hoping to give a review of it in the coming months. I may even try to load it on the new system.

No comments: